Critical process died error

volcano1

Ok I installed two gskill 8gb sticks rgb 3200 ram. That are exact same as 2, stick already in it. As soon as I turned it on I got blue screen of death error critical processed died. I removed the ram and ran system restore from desktop and problems seem to have stopped. Then I reinserted ram to see if I could run memory diagnostic and now I got error back but only now I can't boot into safe mode or even run system restore from repair menu even after removing ram for second time. When I try running system restore it gives yellow caution you must restore the drive that contains windows. Restoring other drives is optional. should I assume it's the new ram that is the issue? I never had any issues prior to adding more ram. I currently am in the process of downloading windows 10 via USB and reinstalling os.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There has to be an incompatibility between the 2 sets. When you say you added 2 sticks, were they a dual channel kit? Or did you buy 2 separate sticks? Are all 4 sticks the same timings? Gskill is usually pretty good ram.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There could also be something going on with the memory slots themselves. Its possible its corrupted the windows install/boot files.

volcano1

There could also be something going on with the memory slots themselves. Its possible its corrupted the windows install/boot files.
I put the good ram in the other 2 slots and ran a memory diagnostics and came up good. I got an rma and am sending the ram back. I don't really need 32gb ram anyways.