Crossfire 6850's

Giantz

I just recently upgraded/fixed my computer. I was wondering if my Ultra 650 Watt Atx power supply could run 2 6850's in crossfire with my current build.

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945 ~3.0Ghz
RAM: 4 gigs of DDR2
(Current)GPU: HIS Radeon 6850 1GB
Hard Drive: 500 GB something something
Disk Drive: idk

I won't be upgrading for a while, but could you guys suggest me a crossfire compatible motherboard that is relatively cheap, but still is of good quality. My 6850 covers 2 of the SATA connectors on my board, which isn't a problem now as I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, but in the future I'll definitely need more hard drives. And my old board supported ddr3 so I still have the ram from that.

So really my question is will my current power supply support 6850's in crossfire, and could you guys help me find a decent crossfire compatible motherboard that is also compatible with my current parts.

Thanks in advance.

(Not sure if this is in the right board though, sorry if it isn't.)

Last edited:

Drenlin

Actually I'd say 750W-ish would be the sweet spot for this. That would allow for overclocking, the extra drives, and maybe even unlocking the 6850's to 6870's. If you already have a 600W, though, it's not a big enough deal to go out and buy another one. What's your PSU's make and model?

As for the mobo, what's your budget?