Crysis crashing on last level - How to Solve

linkin

VIP Member
Okay, i made a thread before about crysis crashing when you have to kill the alien exoskeleton mofo. Basically i found out that using DX10 in the game was the culprit. So i set it to use DX9 instead.

C:\Games\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe -DX9

or if you installed into the default directory:

C:\Program Files\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe -DX9

Or you can go to the bin32 folder, and double click on the "Crysis_Play_DirectX9" executable.

The game runs A LOT Smoother in DX9 and you really don't notice the difference, apart from the rays of light. the only downside is that you cannot use any very high settings. hence, there are no god beams.

It's a shame that the game has this bug on the very last level before the final boss. Yet some people had no issues with DX10. That's computers for you. :eek:

3uL

Yeah. Same goes to me too. Everytime I play at that level, It crashed. I thought it was overclocking gc fault. Thanks for the info...

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Weird, when I played it 2 through 2 years ago it didn't crash on DX10. Maybe it was a patch they released since.

Flaring Afro

I've played it on a 9800gts in a gateway fx and then my 240m gtx in my asus with no problems on very high. never heard of it. but there is something you can install that makes all of crysis look better and run smoother. I havent installed it and dont remember what its called but i'd guess it fixes this.