*crysis Screenshots*

MatrixEVO

Post your Crysis screenshots!

Here's some of mine. Settings using "very high" Windows XP "hack" (just a .cfg file edit), at 1440x900 no AA, getting between 25-40 fps:

crysis642007-12-0719-15-09-29.jpg

crysis642007-12-0719-17-07-64.jpg

crysis642007-12-0719-18-31-57.jpg

crysis642007-12-0719-26-11-89.jpg

crysis642007-12-0719-27-28-90.jpg

crysis642007-12-0719-28-08-67.jpg

BluePlum

banned
Is that direct X 10? Or can you only get that with vista? Because i saw it with direct x10 and you could see the lights coming through all the leaves in the tress.

MatrixEVO

Is that direct X 10? Or can you only get that with vista? Because i saw it with direct x10 and you could see the lights coming through all the leaves in the tress.

Settings using "very high" Windows XP "hack" (just a .cfg file edit)

DX9 is still capable of many things. Those screenshots are taken runnning Windows XP x64 using DX9c. Crytec just disabled those settings by default to anybody who doesn't have Vista or a DX10 card. You can get those settings with XP and a DX9 native card with a simple .cfg edit.

vista4334

Its kinda like dx10, but its not true dx10. Ya, u need vista for dx10. He hacked it to get it in xp, but its not recommended if u don't know how.

MatrixEVO

Its kinda like dx10, but its not true dx10. Ya, u need vista for dx10. He hacked it to get it in xp, but its not recommended if u don't know how.

It's actually very simple. I could tell everybody how if enough people wanted to know. It takes about 2 minutes to edit, and it's a simple "copy and paste" job.

Geoff

VIP Member
Those are some great screenshots!

It's not DX10 at all, he just changed the configuration files to give him the "very high" graphics settings under XP. It's still nothing like DX10.

MatrixEVO

[-0MEGA-];836165 said:
It's still nothing like DX10.

If you search around on the net, there are many comparative screenshots of DX9 very high settings, compared to DX10 very high. The differences are next to none visually. Crysis barely utilizes DX10 features. DX9 is capable of 99% of Crysis's very high features.

Geoff

VIP Member
It's kind of odd actually, I went to play the Crysis 64 bit demo and I had lots of artifacts, then the game crashed. I went to play Call of Duty 4 for about a half hour and no issues at all, stress tests also show no errors. I may have to get the full game and see if it's just a bug in the demo.

MatrixEVO

[-0MEGA-];836311 said:
It's kind of odd actually, I went to play the Crysis 64 bit demo and I had lots of artifacts, then the game crashed. I went to play Call of Duty 4 for about a half hour and no issues at all, stress tests also show no errors. I may have to get the full game and see if it's just a bug in the demo.

Crysis is very stressful on all hardware and all at once. It's like doing a stress test at the same time for your CPU, RAM, GPU, even the hard drive somewhat.

Geoff

VIP Member
Crysis is very stressful on all hardware and all at once. It's like doing a stress test at the same time for your CPU, RAM, GPU, even the hard drive somewhat.
I've been stress testing my CPU and RAM at the same time using Orthos (which is much more demanding), and I even lowered my video card overclock. But w/e, CoD 4 is still better :D

Geoff

VIP Member
I still think that Call of Duty 4 looks better, not to mention you don't need a $5000 rig to play it, since I get 60-100FPS maxed out :)

Anyways, back to Crysis.