Crysis System Requirements Revealed

Reneki

For everyone who said if my 8800gts 320mb can max it out, answer = no, as of now anyway. It can play MED very well, even a mix of med-high so far. In the final version and dx10 who knows, maybe high, it'll be just barely passable though, high will be controlled by the gtx's. But there is still one above that remember, very high.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
For everyone who said if my 8800gts 320mb can max it out, answer = no, as of now anyway. It can play MED very well, even a mix of med-high so far. In the final version and dx10 who knows, maybe high, it'll be just barely passable though, high will be controlled by the gtx's. But there is still one above that remember, very high.

I don't understand how you can only play it med-high, when I can with my 7600gt. I'm at a 1280 by 1024 rez, shadow off, both textures, and shader level medium, but everything else high, water, physics, volumetric effects, etc, at 20-40FPS. Are you on a high res, AA/AS, or have the shader/post processing level high (both kill FPS in my tests.)?

Try turning the post proc to medium, or even off, that settings the worst.

Geoff

VIP Member

I don't understand how you can only play it med-high, when I can with my 7600gt. I'm at a 1280 by 1024 rez, shadow off, both textures, and shader level medium, but everything else high, water, physics, volumetric effects, etc, at 20-40FPS. Are you on a high res, AA/AS, or have the shader/post processing level high (both kill FPS in my tests.)?

Even with my card when I play it on high (not very high), at 1360x768, I get about 25-40FPS. However when you run it in DX10 mode, it's going to cut the framerates dramatically, probably down to 15-30.

Blazing_Javelin

I dont know about tha but (correct me if im wrong) but I dont think DX10 will make a differance in FPS it may actually help your FPS I hear but I could be wrong..

Reneki

Yeah, i'm playing at a high res, 1680x1050. If i drop the res down to 1380x760, i can play everything on high with no problems at all, like 33 fps avg, but it looks like shit (not my monitors native res), very jaggy and not clear cut, even with all effects on high. AA would fix this, but it'll take too much memory. So either high +AA @ 1380x760, or just med-high @1680x1050. Not sure which one would look better, or be more demanding, but for now im happy. The res makes a pretty big difference, it just looks very sharp, even at med.

Pple are saying that dx10 will improve performance, i say that won't make a difference when high is so far out of reach of the 8800gts 320mb. Maybe it'll let you put some more eye candy on high or something, but it won't make the game playable with everything on high, let alone AA, with anything below a gtx, unless of course the new 8800gts 640 is really good, and can be oc'd nicely. In which case it would be a good choice. But i would wait for more news from nvidia in regards to that.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
With regards to DX10 improving performance, it's absolutely true. In fact many people consider DX10 to be more a performance optimizer, than simply the graphical wonder it's been hyped up to. I believe that the official statement is, if you have a DX9 Crysis on a high, and compare a DX10 Crysis with same settings, same card as well, you'll actually see higher FPS. I forget where I saw this assessment, but I'm sure it was from a dev on the Crysis beta forums.

But yeah, I agree, keep it at the native res. By the time the retail version is out you may be able to bump the settings to high in Dx10! But this is my opinion, who know but the devs?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Does anyone want to play the beta? Have you tried it Elitehacker? I've haven't played in awhile and, frankly have gotten bored of it. It isn't bad by any means, just one map gets old though. I think i can just give someone my beta key and they can install it, I know I was able to uninstall and reinstall using the same key. I just don't know if the key is now specific to my system. Probably not.

The beta still going right? If so I'll give my key away to some who wants it! :)

Edit: Itsa gone!

Last edited:
My 7900GT is going to die running that game. :(

You should be fine....

Does anyone want to play the beta? Have you tried it Elitehacker? I've haven't played in awhile and, frankly have gotten bored of it. It's bad by any means, just one map gets old though. I think i can just give someone my beta key and they can install it, I know I was able to uninstall and reinstall using the same key. I just don't know if the key is now specific to my system. Probably not.

The beta still going right? If so I'll give my key away to some who wants it! :)

That's Crysis' fault for putting one map on it, I would have made a variety but limited the weapons, so it keeps you in suspense for what's to come in the actual game.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
*I meant it isn't bad by any means, not that it is bad.* Yeah, more variety would've done wonders for the game, UT3 demo has three maps, And it's great. I would've even tolerated a reduce weapon set to get there. Plus there's the fact that i'm not playing it as high as possible, Eye-candy can be a great motivator to keep you playing, at least for me, given the gameplay is great as well.

99F

banned
the beta runs great but im not sure how it will run on the final version..

all-out-06 did you seriously ask that question or are you just showing off?

Bradan

we just have to wait for some mid end crossfire/sli boards to get some 8800gt and rv670's rockin.

all_out_06

the beta runs great but im not sure how it will run on the final version..

all-out-06 did you seriously ask that question or are you just showing off?

lol....sorry.. but i was being serious... im not all up to date on all this stuff lol