CRYSIS Thread

Dystopia

I think this game deserves a thread of it's own. This thread can iclude crysis and crysis warhead as well as all the other crysis games to come.

I love crysis, one of the best games I have played. So far I have beat it on easy and am wroking on the next difficulty level, what about you guys?

shenry

I've beaten the original on second hardest. It was fun but got a little boring after the 0 gravity part.

Twist86

Played Crysis once through then sold it on Ebay. Borrowed Warhead from a friend for a weekend....both were fun.

Good games but no replay value to me...the online play kinda sucked too...I was expecting more.

skidude

I've wanted to get Crysis Warhead for a while not but I'm not sure if it's worth my money.

5000th post! :D :D

Stildawn

Yeah same here, graphics are awesome, game was good but not great haha.

Its had the effect of making all my other FPS seem less cool haha and crusty looking even though they have better gameplay lol. Anyone else experienced this?? lol.

Although walking around on the Aircraft Carrier at the end was cool. Was almost like being there lol.

Dystopia

I thought the games was pretty good, though I enjoyed the game play of Vegas a lot more, we bought both at same time. Anyways, I don't like the 0 gravity either. its boring. At times it made me jump when all of a sudden the little green mermaid came out. had a distorted face, did you guys realize? But I liked the parts BEFORE the 0 gravity a lot more. But what about Warhead? I know the PCGamer review was not to good, but is this game even worth getting?

Core2Deano

What the

I totally agree i love this game but.. how the hell do you people play this with decent settings? I can hardly run this son of a bitch despite tweaking, overclocking you name it.

N3crosis

I totally agree i love this game but.. how the hell do you people play this with decent settings? I can hardly run this son of a bitch despite tweaking, overclocking you name it.

In my eyes decent settings are medium, with some high, and some AA/AF. What size monitor do you play on, and what are your settings at?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Agreed. Only played for the graphics. The storyline and gameplay itself was poor. Only played about 20 minutes of it.

Same here, downloaded the demo when it came out, played it and I was never interested in getting the full game. It's not fun when your PC can hardly keep up to the uber graphics and all just for a mediocre gameplay...

Dystopia

wow, you guys have trouble running this game? I run it at 1024x768 everything high cept shaders and postprocessing, somthign that gets annoying anyways. And that

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Well see, 1024 x 768 is the smallest resolution and you're not maxing it out. Try to max it out on 1650 x 1050, 1440 x 900 or even 1280 x 1024

Goose

Just bought this yesterday and I've been playing it most of the day since I got snowed in from work.

It's a pretty game(settings on high 1680x1050) that's for sure. Gameplay is above average, but I'm having a hard time getting into the story so far.

deedub

Mine plays fine after I got the resolution right on my 24" monitor. Turns out it works fine for me in 1900x1200. The graphics are cool, but I agree the game play is nothing special, at least so far.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Both games are OK.

I played them and beat them, and yes graphically they are good, but I find the game play lacking a bit.

Though I do have lots of fun punching things with the nano suit on strength mode.