Crysis Warhead: Anyone else think it's rubbish?

PunterCam

A complete waste of money in my book, over in a few seconds and completely forgettable.

How this can get rave reviews all over the net is beyond me, yes the graphics are nice, big deal. The story is dull and the scenarios, which should feel expansive and limitless, feel small on scale and ideas. Compared to the Half Life episodes it's not even close.

Games need a kick up the arse at the moment, it's the same old sh*t with nicer graphics, so underwhelming.

ducis

havent played warhead yet but I do think the gameplay in new games is getting a old just hold on tight and wait for left 4 dead, valve never disappoints

Twist86

Yep I miss the days when it was gameplay vs graphics.

Can't wait for Half Life 2 Episode 3 *o*

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i didnt even bother buying it cos i knew it was goung to be rubbish.

the first Crysis was okay for the first few levels but then i got bored,and the multiplayer is so boring.

Archangel

VIP Member
I actually liked Crysis Warhead. its a really nice made game, and has good replay value too. (unlike Halflife episode 1 or 2 for example, wich were quite boring)

edit: an example why this game is cool in my oppionion. you can throw rats at people, never seen before in a game (at least not that I know of ;) ) :D

g4m3rof1337

I picked it up, it's only $30, and it seems fun, needs some getting use to, but I think it's fine.

Have you tried Crysis Wars?

jdbennet

cant wait for HL2 Ep. 3 to come out, so that they can make HL3, which will IMHO be wayy better than crsysis.

PunterCam

and your surprised because ...

because the half life episodes were entertaining! I dunno, should've kept my money in my wallet.

They should give us an island, a load of objectives, and an army to kill. How hard can it be...

Machin3

Haven't played Warhead yet, thinking about getting it to see how to story continues. First one was the best. By far the best first person shooter I have played. Can't wait to see the new one.

kobaj

VIP Member
Haven't played Warhead yet, thinking about getting it to see how to story continues. First one was the best. By far the best first person shooter I have played. Can't wait to see the new one.

Its not how the story continues though. Its just Psycho's view of the first game. Thats why I didnt bother getting it, total waist. Its just a filler until the second Crysis comes out.

Far cry2, Half life episode 3. Now those I cant wait for :D!

Archangel

VIP Member
well, warhead costs half the price you'd pay for a normal game, and it runs great too. not to mention I didnt have to wait as long as I had for HL2 episode 2 (or 3 now for that matter) and I heard noone complain about HL2 Episode 1 or 2 beeing way too short (wich they were)
I dont see any good arguments why this game is so terrible actually, please enlighten me ;)

Games need a kick up the arse at the moment, it's the same old sh*t with nicer graphics, so underwhelming.

yet you say you found the halflife episodes entertaining, while those are the best example of same stuff repackaged on the market. I mean, you didnt like crysis warhead because its pretty much the same as crysis (just with better grafics,.. since they optimized the engine) and because it was kinda short.

however, you do like the halflife episodes, while they are basicly the same as halflife 2, just with better grafics, and they were pretty short too (I even dare to say they were shorter than crysis warhead.. I mean, try completing that one on hard :s ) so I'm wondering, why did you buy another crysis game if you must have disliked the first crysis already?

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
I bought Crysis and was disappointed. The multi-player is horrible! The single player is ok...I got bored after about the 4th board and have not played it since.

I will not even think about buying Crysis Warhead!

And there is so many great games coming out...why waste money on Crysis Warhead?

ducis

to bad there isnt even a release date on ep.3 but I'm glad valve takes there time.
I think I'm going to pick up LEFT 4 DEAD farcry2 and fallout 3 but that will prolly be it.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm not going to buy it, it looks like more of the first game. Which was Ok, but the game play wasn't all that exciting, it just looked better than Megan Fox with beer goggles on.

Twist86

Least they didn't charge full price though....I am a notorious borrower since I don't replay most games more then once (like crysis) unless online is addictive.

Still I just beat it and I gotta say it wasn't bad it was fun and lets face it chocking a guy off with your hand and throwing him in the air is fun.

Still I was more disappointed up front since it was not picking up from the first Crysis.

One thing I would like to add

I was reading a article where it said

The PC Gamer $653 Warhead Machine

Crytek built its own machine capable of running the game "silky smooth", with "all the bells and whistles turned on". Considering that it has an 8600GT, I'll take it with a grain of salt, but Dan Stapleton confirmed in a PC Gamer Podcast thread that they absolutely did play the game on this machine, and it was running on High details.

Anyone have it? and does it run as well as Crytek claims?

Last edited: