WIndows 10 Curious problem regarding ULPS

Jackylus

Greetings,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with my problem since I could not find anyone who has experienced it.

About a year ago, I purchased a new SSD disk for my HP Pavilion G6 computer. Due to long booting time, I turned ULPS setting in registry to 0 which fixed the problem. Then about a month ago (after updating to a new Insider Preview version I believe) my computer started to stutter (screen blinkig black, mouse lagging etc.).

By coincidence, I fixed this problem by turning on ULPS again which drastically affects my booting time, of course. Is there any way I could get back faster booting times and prevent computer from stuttering at the same time?

I have tried updating graphic card drivers (and all other drivers for that matter) and there have been a few new Windows updates since - no luck for my strange problem.

Thank you for your help!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exact SSD do you have? Do you have AHCI enabled in the bios? Some SSD's are bad for OS boot drives.

Darren

Staff member
ULPS is relating to Crossfired video cards. What are your exact specs? Should be relatively unrelated.

DMGrier

VIP Member
So this might be a stupid question....

In task manager under startup, how many applications do you have in there? I pretty much leave mine all disabled except my backup routine software and AV.