Custom Budget Gaming PC

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can drop that power supply down to 500 watts to save money. I would also get a regular ATX board instead of micro atx, something like a z170 series.

Quinn O'Brien

Okay, so far the total cost of the PC is $989.53
*Lets say that these are the only things I am going to get with nothing. Would I also need to buy some wires of some sort? Maybe some Thermal Paste, etc.?

*LIST
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FyhWNG
I agree with JohnB about picking a standard ATX board because Micro ATX boards just looks silly in my opinion. If you are saving money, you could probably drop the power supply to 500 watts but I am a fan of getting larger power supplies than needed so you always have room for future upgrades. Also, it doesn't matter too much, but I recommend that you find a case made my a brand that is notorious for quality like Cooler Master, Corsair, or NZXT. I'm sure that case is fine, but I'm also sure that you could find a better quality, nicer looking case for the money. In addition, I would go with an H80i GT closed loop water cooler over your air cooler because they look nicer in builds and take up less space, though that recommendation is probably the least important. These are all my person preferences that I am recommending to you but the build the way you have it is completely fine if you're set in your ways on it.

Cisco001

Keep matx if u want to, not everyone need all expension slot. However, get z170 chipset.

Or if you are not overclock, drop to nonK version cpu.

Not necessary to get 500w psu. It is about the right price for fully modular psu. I would say good pick at that price.

Last edited: