Custom Build locking up. PSU Issue?

Hi, I'm troubleshooting a friends computer and 5/6 times a day, it will completely freeze up dead. Nothing can be done. Must be hard reset. Each time this happens, there are two notorious event logs. One critical and one error and these are detailed below. Can anyone confirm if this is a PSU issue? I have a hunch it is.

Critical Event ID 41 "Kernel Power" - Task category 63.
Error Event ID 6008 (Log attached)

Cheers for any help!!

Attachments

• Error.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1

Intel_man

VIP Member
No, not from the logs. Is your friend running certain programs or on certain websites that is triggering the hardlock? (logs won't normally tell you this in the event of a hardlock)

Also... I can't believe your friend dropped 2k pounds... on a 9590 build. That's got to be a new record of stupidity. #Sorrynotsorry

Yeah, he got a student loan and literally blew it on the build without really taking time to consider what he was buying or any savings he could have made. :( He's not too tech savvy either. I did advise against it.
In regards to patterns, he installed a ton of programs on the 12th, when the lockups started occuring. See attached. He also reports then when he scans with McAfee, the scan can trigger a lockup. Any connection?

Attachments

• programs.png
    programs.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 1

StrangleHold

Staff member
If its locking up I would say a driver or program. The power supply will usually do a shut down or restart.