Custom Build PC

bsimpson

I am looking to build a pc but dont know where to start:

The main reason for my need to build a computer is built around wanting to buy shogun 2 the requirements are below:

Shogun 2: Total War
System Requirements* GD Hardware Rating
Intel Processor - Core i5-680 3.6GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon II X3 450
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 240
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 5570 512MB
RAM (Memory) - 4 GB
Hard Disk Space - 20 GB
Direct X - 9

If someone could recommend the required parts i would need that would be a great help, in terms of budget i would go to around £800 so around $1,334

mihir

VIP Member
I am looking to build a pc but dont know where to start:

The main reason for my need to build a computer is built around wanting to buy shogun 2 the requirements are below:

Shogun 2: Total War
System Requirements* GD Hardware Rating
Intel Processor - Core i5-680 3.6GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon II X3 450
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 240
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 5570 512MB
RAM (Memory) - 4 GB
Hard Disk Space - 20 GB
Direct X - 9

If someone could recommend the required parts i would need that would be a great help, in terms of budget i would go to around £800 so around $1,334

What all do you need.
OS
Monitor
Keyboard
HDD
ODD
etc

And what other games would you be playing??

Hitchtech

With a budget that high you can build a serious gaming rig. Dont go too crazy, buy stuff that has been around a while for the best value. Try the EVGA GTX 470 GPU great bang for your buck. Also you definitely want the Intel i7. Go for a 1TB Hadr drive for $89, a 750watt PSU, DDR3 1600 Ram, and compatible motherboard. I love EVGA so im going to recommend them. Excellent company.

bsimpson

i would be using it for all the total war games and also games like football manager, but basically if it can cope with all the total war games i am happy, so if you could suggest what type of computer spec i would need to run this smoothly with minimum cost that would be great :)

scbjmshpv

if you've case and i say only case you can get pretty much all top of the line hardware like i72600k mobo to go with it, ram about 8GB, SSD, solid PSU (about 800-900 watts) and 6950/70 graphic card.

if i recall i paid around $938 for i5 2500k and other set up, though i got lucky on great case of getting it for only $50. so yours will be somewhere around $1100-1200 give or take $50.

Hitchtech

If you can find a good Mobo that has atleast DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram with a GTX 470 dude you'll be ready to roll. throw in an i7 and you have yourself i nice rig.