Custom Desktop help!!!

King-Crimson

I'm currently ordering parts to build a desktop, I have everything I want but I'm not 100% sure that everything is compatible with each other. Can someone please tell me whether all of these are compatible with each other.
Motherboard

Video Card

CPU

Memory

*Update* The links should now work.
Thanks to all that answer this for me. Its really important that I get the right system because this is costing me a shitload of cash. If you need to see what I else I am getting just ask me and I will post it, I also am buying a case with a 420 Watt psu until I can afford a better psu, a cd-rw/dvd drive, 80 gb HDD. I'd love to know if this setup will work.

I need answers ASAP because I am planning on buying this tommorow.

Thanks.

Last edited:

King-Crimson

So everything should work correctly? I'm still going with the X800 Pro. I'll be gettin a lot more money in the future and will be upgrading the card again. If everything is compatible, I'll go off and buy it tommorow.

King-Crimson

I am gettin 1 gb. 512 x 2 of those crucial memory sticks. Anyways is my pc all compatible? I haven't really gotten a solid answer yet.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
we cant give you a definite answer, because not all ram and motherboards are compatible (there should be a compatiblity list on the motherboard manufactures website), the graphics card, cpu, and motherboard are. and the RAM should be.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes You can go ahead and build the computer using those parts.

I know you are not looking for suggestion but here goes. It's cheaper and a somewhat better card (not by much but certainly enough) to replace the X800Pro with an Nvidia 6800GT. I don't say this because I own one and I'm certainly no fanboy, I like both company's ATi and Nvidia and think both offer killer products.

Last edited:

King-Crimson

I'm going to stick with the ATI just mainly because my friend has one and he knows a lot about it. Thanks for everyones help. I'll have my desktop ready to play the next guild wars BETA :D