Custom laptop?

mkjaekmi

Is it possible to customize your laptop like a desktop? Or is it to hard and too little space to do it?

BluePlum

banned
cant you get cool pads? that your laptops sits on to help cool it? also when my laptop heats up i havae a mini fan, i turn it on the laptop and wham! its cold again

epidemik

What do you mean by customize?
Yeah its easy to put in new ram. Vid Card almost always (if not always) is onboard making it had to change that...

Or do you mean like case mods? Those can be done. A little more difficult than doing it with a desktop...

ThePCmaN

im pretty sure u have to have a laptop to start from scratch with and u can replace CPU, RAM, n all that good stuff.. but i dont think u can just buy a laptop casing, then a motherboard, and so on

Geoff

VIP Member
They have some barebones kits where you would install the video card, hard drive, memory, processor, etc. However it's much harder to customize a pre-built one for two reasons, one being that available replacement parts are hard to come by and are expensive, and theres not much space to work with.

PabloTeK

Also laptops are built specifically with certain cooling specifications in mind so if you install a more powerful CPU then you may get too much heat. Plus GPU's are directly soldered into the board 99.99% of the time.