customized my hp pavilion a1640n for gaming is this good?

NJNETSFAN

quick question, why are you going to put your computer into another hp case? or is that the case of your computer now?

jasonxman

banned
sorry that is my current case, but i've been having people tell me the air flow is insufficient... and will get hot like crazy.

PohTayToez

Yeah it probably will... you might want to put in an extra fan or two, and consider some custom modifications... and fan on the removable side panel, placed right around the 8800 could do you some good. Also, what processor do you have? If it's anything but the latest dual core Intel or AMD, then you might be going overkill on the video card... won't do as much good if your processor can't keep up with it.

chupacabra

Doubt it'll work with the current case for two things, one that hp uses microatx cases which is almost impossible to put an 8800, second that case won't allow you to add more fans due to the lack of space

cryption

it should fit, my 7900 is uncommonly large for a 7900 and it fit with plenty of room to spare. I threw a drive cooler in there and it's good to go.