Cutting down a large file?

lostsoul62

I set my webcam to the smallest that it will go and record for 2 minutes and I have a 26 meg file. I want to record and send it to someone so how can I get a smaller file on video?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I set my webcam to the smallest that it will go and record for 2 minutes and I have a 26 meg file. I want to record and send it to someone so how can I get a smaller file on video?

Your video has a bit rate of 1.73MB/s which is pretty low. I wouldn't take it any lower, 26mb is very small for two minutes of video (and audio?). You could take it lower, but the quality would be so bad, there's almost no point in sending it.

[bitrate (Mbps) = 8 x file size (in MB) / duration (in seconds)]

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You do have the option of burning the file to a cd and send them the cd. Other than that I do believe most outgoing email servers has a 10mb limit on attachments.

Kornowski

VIP Member
What format/codec does the webcam record to? If it's something lossless like AVI the file will always be massive, see if you can either change the camera's recording settings or convert the final video to either .mov or .mp4 using the H.264 codec.