Data Recovery Software

K3rupt

Hey all :)

Bad Problem.

Reformatted my Hard drive. HDD used for backups Died. Unrecoverable... GAH

Does anyone know of any GOOD RELIABLE software available that i am able to use to recover PAST the reformat?

I don't care if its costs me because im sure i will use it again...

Cheers,

ErikAlbert

SchadowProtect Desktop 4 by StorageCraft.
http://www.storagecraft.com/index.php

Very reliable and professional Image Backup software, which is normally used by companies.

Don't buy it immediately, they offer you a trial.
As always with backup softwares, you have to test it thoroughly, not only the backup but above all the restore, not once but as many times as possible.That's the only way to find out, it works.
The best way to test a backup software, is to re-install your computer and while you are installing run the backup and restore regularly, when it fails, it's not a disaster.
It's also a good moment to create clean image(s) on which you can depend later in order to get back in business without losing much time.

If it works during the end of the trial, than buy it.
Create at least two Recovery CDs, if one fails, you have one in reserve.
And use an external harddisk to store your images, which is the safest way.
Never use CDs or DVDs to store your images, that's unreliable.

To backup my data on a external harddisk, I use a freeware "Karen's Replicator", an old fashioned software, but it works everytime. The advantage is that it only backups the changed data-files.
But you can replace "Karen's Replicator" with another newer software.

Keep in mind that I separated system and data, which means that
Disk-C = Windows + All softwares, but no data-files.
Disk-D = nothing but data-files, emails, email-addressbook.
I didn't want my data-files stored on the most attacked harddisk by malware, that is begging for losing and/or infecting your data-files.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Paid for, would go with O&O, their software is brilliant to say the very least, even if it is a little pricey:

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/products/oodiskrecovery/index.html

for free ones, there are several on the freeware list: