DD-WRT on Linksys wireless router issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Mail Man

Greetings all,
(Win XP, plenty of ram and hd space and processor speed).

I installed DDWRT (the correct one) onto a linksys E3000 router which appears to have been a good install. When i attempt to apply and save settings while configuring, the browser (have used IE and Firefox) times out!

Cables are good, etc. . Have flushed cache, cookies, killed firewall and anti-virus, tried 2 different computers, etc. and the results are the same.

Has anyone had this issue before? I have been at this trying different things for about a day with the same f'ing results!

Da Mail Man

Thanks for the reply but, you are incorrect in that statement. I have ddwrt in another router that worked very well that i gave away to a friend. This issue i have found was that i used the wrong build of ddwrt. It was very confusing according to a few experts directly involved with ddwrt for my specific router as there are a number of builds specific. I am gonna fix the router firmware later today.

beers

Staff member
Keep in mind XP is beyond end of support.

Also keep in mind that DD-WRT build hasn't been updated in like 3 years.

Usually if you're providing an impacting change you will see the UI time out as the device applies/reboots.

Da Mail Man

Thanks for the reply....

Keep in mind XP is beyond end of support.
*THIS NOT ABOUT XP, THIS IS STRICTLY ABOUT A ROUTER ISSUE AND SAVING THE SETTINGS THERETO. I AS WELL AS MOST PEOPLE HER (AND NOT HERE) ARE VERY AWARE THAT SUPPORT FOR XP HAS TERMINATED BUT AGAIN, THIS IS ABOUT A ROUTER SETTINGS SAVING ISSUE.

Also keep in mind that DD-WRT build hasn't been updated in like 3 years.
*THAT TOO I AM ALSO AWARE HOWEVER, IT WAS "UP TO DATE" SO TO SPEAK ABOUT THE TIME THE ROUTER WAS MANUFACTURED/DISTRIBUTED. TODAY'S DATE AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE DDWRT FIRMWARE AT THE TIME THE ROUTER WAS MANUFACTURED WOULD NOT BE RELEVANT.

Usually if you're providing an impacting change you will see the UI time out as the device applies/reboots.
*-SEE ATTACHED FILE-

Attachments

• stall 1A.jpg
    stall 1A.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 5

Da Mail Man

I was giving you extra information since you aren't particularly well versed in technology.
*IN SOME YES, IN SOME NO.

That is irrelevant.
*NO IT'S NOT. IF THE DDWRT FIRMWARE WAS DEVELOPED FOR THIS ROUTER AND WORKING AT THE TIME THE ROUTER WAS MADE THEN, TODAY'S DATE IS IN FACT IRRELEVANT. THE FIRMWARE DEVELOPED AT THE/THAT TIME AND/OR SHORTLY THEREAFTER OF THE MANUFACTURE OF THE ROUTER IS/WAS/WILL WORK AND SO WILL THE DDWRT FIRMWARE MADE FOR SAME AT THAT TIME. WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING IS THAT (FOR EXAMPLE) XP IS NO LONGER "MADE/MANUFACTURED/DISTRIBUTED" AND THEREFORE WILL NOT WORK WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS INCORRECT. IF WILL WORK BUT, NO LONGER SUPPORTED (LIKE NO ADDITIONAL DDWRT BUILDS FOR MY PARTICULAR ROUTER.

That doesn't highlight an actual issue.
*THE PARTICULAR ISSUE WITH THE ROUTER I HAVE MADE VERY CLEAR HERE. THE SETTINGS I HAVE MADE VIA THE FIRMWARE (DDWRT) FOR MY PARTICULAR ROUTER WILL NOT "APPLY" (TO MEAN BE WRITTEN TO THE ROUTER IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT). THE ATTACHMENT/PICTURE I HAVE POSTED/ATTACHED IS WHAT I SEE AND HOW FAR I HAVE GOTTEN.

beers

Staff member
*NO IT'S NOT.
Your opinion is invalid. See the broke/unbroke point below.

(TO MEAN BE WRITTEN TO THE ROUTER IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT)
Perhaps the problem is you? I don't have any issues saving settings on DD-WRT.

WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING IS THAT (FOR EXAMPLE) XP IS NO LONGER "MADE/MANUFACTURED/DISTRIBUTED" AND THEREFORE WILL NOT WORK

Please directly quote where I said that, because it doesn't exist. You are assuming 'broke/not-broke' which is an uneducated stance. XP and older DD-WRT builds are unsupported and may have underlying vulnerabilities.

Which specific settings are you changing, because you haven't actually listed anything surrounding your self-inflicted 'issue'.

Da Mail Man

*NO IT'S NOT.
Your opinion is invalid. See the broke/unbroke point below.
#NO, IT IS NOT#

Da Mail Man said:
(TO MEAN BE WRITTEN TO THE ROUTER IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT)
Perhaps the problem is you?
#I don't have any issues saving settings on DD-WRT.
ME? HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT GARBAGE? FOLLOWING PRINTED AND DISCUSSED FORUMS/THREADS, THE SETTINGS (AS MANY TIMES SAID BY ME) ARE NOT "WRITING TO THE ROUTER. IF COULD BE A DEFECT IN THE FIRMWARE BIN, THE ROUTER BUT, NOT MYSELF. JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME DOES NOT MEAN IT IS MY FAULT#

Da Mail Man said:
WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING IS THAT (FOR EXAMPLE) XP IS NO LONGER "MADE/MANUFACTURED/DISTRIBUTED" AND THEREFORE WILL NOT WORK
Please directly quote where I said that, because it doesn't exist. You are assuming 'broke/not-broke' which is an uneducated stance. XP and older DD-WRT builds are unsupported and may have underlying vulnerabilities.
#LOOK, LET ME BREAK THIS DOWN 6 LEVELS FOR YOU;
1)...IF XP WAS MADE/RELEASED IN 2010 AND XP WAS WORKING THEN, ARE YOU TO SAY THAT XP WILL NO LONGER WORK?...
OF COURSE NOT AS IT WILL INDEED WORK!

2)...IF MY ROUTER WAS MADE IN 2011, IS THAT TO SAY IT WILL NO LONGER WORK WITH XP OR EVEN XP IN 2016...
OF COURSE NOT!
3)...IF DDWRT FIRMWARE WAS MADE FOR MY ROUTER IN 2012 AND TESTED TO WORK FINE THEN, IS IT TO SAY THAT SINCE IT IS 2016 THAT THE ROUTER AND/OR FIRMWARE WILL NO LONGER FUNCTION SEPARATELY OR JOINTLY?...
OF COURSE NOT! SO, THE FIRMWARE LISTED FOR MY SPECIFIC ROUTER SHOULD WORK EVEN IN 2035!

Which specific settings are you changing, because you haven't actually listed anything surrounding your self-inflicted 'issue'.
#AGAIN, AND AGAIN, I DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO LIST ALL THE CHANGES/SELECTIONS I MADE IN THE DDWRT/ROUTER SETTINGS BUT TO SAY THAT THE SETTINGS ARE NOT BEING WRITTEN TO THE DDWRT PROGRAM, AND THAT IS THE ISSUE. THE ROUTER WORKED FINE BEFORE THE INDUCTION OF DDWRT FIRMWARE. SO, I CAME HERE TO GET ANSWERS BUT, REALIZING THAT WAS A MISTAKE SINCE LITTLE IS KNOWN HERE ABOUT SAME, I WILL BAIL ON THIS TOPIC AND THE ABUSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.