dead HP system

majeed jamal

i have pentium 3 hp system wich is dead .When i turn on the system after few seconds there is some strange beeps and tones apear from the system .i clean the whole board with blour . Now system shows the main HP logo . I removed Hard disk ,Cd rom ,flopy Drive , but the problem is not solved . Now My Is not Showing Any thing On screen . There is no display .
Any Solution Please.

brian

VIP Member
Try reseting the BIOS.
Unplug all power from the device and open up the case.
On the motherboard look for a silver button battery.
Remove the battery and wait 30 sec to fully discharge any remaining charge.
put the battery back in and plug the systme back in.
If that still doesn not boot but you see the HP screen try,
Powering it on to boot into the bios (usualy by hitting del key or enter, F1, F2 or esc key.)
If you can get into the bios, check the main screen to see if it sees your hard drive. If you see your hard drive there under primary IDE drive, it may be your memory. Try truning off your system and unpluging the power. go back into the case and find the memory slots. These are long cards that stick out a bit. There may be one to four depending on your system. Remove all the memory chips (making sure to hold them by the side) and make sure the contacts are cleen and clear of dust. Replace them making sure they snap into the motherboard. try powering on your system and see if it gets anywhere.

Hope one of these will help out

majeed jamal

thanks for reply. But i already tried all these tricks but nothing happened, Now after turnjng on the system, proccessor and supply fans are not working and after few second strange tons appear from the board .