Dead Island

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by ChrisUlrich, May 16, 2011.

1. ChrisUlrich

ChrisUlrich Active Member

Who has heard of this game? This game looks totally insane. Graphics and story line... so nuts!

2. Manakore

Manakore New Member

I can't wait for more information on it. It looks like it might be a must buy imo.

3. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

That. Looks. AWESOME :eek: Not usually an RPG kinda person, but this one looks promising.

Release date is August 2011 :cool:

4. ChrisUlrich

ChrisUlrich Active Member

Too far away but man that is going to look RIDICULOUS on PC!

5. wellhellothere

wellhellothere New Member

Bump!!

This is getting mixed reviews... i'll still be bagging it tommorow, as, although it looks like it has flaws, i think i'll enjoy it. Those who already have it, thoughts?

6. skidude

skidude New Member

Got a friend who has it and he says it's great but yeah it's been getting mixed reviews.

7. claptonman

claptonman New Member

My friend has it, and its fun. People are just mad because the game is kind of like fallout and borderlands, where you do little quests and all that. It's not linear at all.

8. Masterfulks

Masterfulks New Member

It seems like mostly a melee game which seems a little strange for the style. There are guns, but they are limited.

This will be another one that I'll probably wait for a bargain over. With Dark Souls, Batman, Battlefield, Skyrim, and COD around the corner it's tough to fit these in.

9. kennebell347

kennebell347 Member

Is there a decent story to it? Did the graphics live up to the hype?

10. DarthBrownie

DarthBrownie New Member

According to some gameplay videos I've seen, one reason why I think its getting mixed reviews is because it is on a slower pace than the Left 4 Dead series and 1/4 of the time consist of looting money from other "dead" tourist. This game does have a plot which you have to follow through unlike the L4D series. Still looks interesting so I'd probably rent it first.

11. PohTayToez

PohTayToez Active Member

I think it's an awesome idea, Borderlands with zombies, but it seems a bit slow paced and monotonous, at least from the videos I've seen. I'll probably pick it up when it gets cheaper.

12. kennebell347

kennebell347 Member

I don't think it is anything like borderlands.

13. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

Good thing I can get a copy for free. I was expecting something similar to Left4Dead. We'll see at some point I guess.

14. 1337dingo

1337dingo Active Member

i got it, i didnt actually know it was an rpg but i enjoyed it, its like mostly knives and stuff so far and i picked the gun chick, so yeah thats a bummer, but hopfully ferther on gets more guns

15. MrSleepin

MrSleepin New Member

i like zombie games, might have to check this one out!

16. Sdot

Sdot New Member

there will always be mixed reviews, different people like different things. I used to listen to reviews but not anymore. I just try things out myself now and make my own decision.

17. Sdot

Sdot New Member

Purna is the worst character to play as during Act 1. As a Guns oriented character you'll feel out of place in the world for the first 10 hours of the game. Even after you obtain your first gun as a quest reward it'll only come with 1 bullet with no ammo in sight for another 6 hours. You'll be smashing clubs, pipes, and machetes over zombie skulls waiting for the sun to finally shine on your superior firepower.

Halfway into Act 2 you'll finally gain access to guns. Not from shops but from enemies scarcely scattered around the island, so sit tight.

18. 1337dingo

1337dingo Active Member

yeah i know, im not to far i just got everyone to the life gard place

19. PohTayToez

PohTayToez Active Member

-Looting
    -Skill Tree
    -Experience System
    -Lots of weapons with in depth stats

Lots of people including the developers themselves compare the game to Borderlands.

20. Hyper_Kagome

Hyper_Kagome Well-Known Member

Was playing it last night for a good portion of the night with my girl and one of her friends. Enjoyed it alot... except when they'd leave me to a hoard of zombies and run off to the truck giggling.