Dead labtop?

jamekkus

Hello all, i have a toshiba labtop that died at some point in the last few hours. i have tryed all the resets but i already say that it would'nt help. so heres the issue i lent it to a family member and it was fine, though it was slow to start it turned on fine. but this moring it just craped out i get power and charging lights but no HDD work NADA. so i went with my experience and opened it up. found a big dust pile blocking the heat sink outlet and big is an under statment! i have been using a cooling pad but they did'nt seems it was (too much work to move with it?) any how i get no beeping disk drive starts along with everything else hardware wise BUT no screen. im leaning at the CPU getting dry rosted because the thremal past is dust and apperanty could not breath. what do you all think? ps i ordered a new CPU already.:rolleyes:

Dell_Priyanka_S

Bit Member
Hello all, i have a toshiba labtop that died at some point in the last few hours. i have tryed all the resets but i already say that it would'nt help. so heres the issue i lent it to a family member and it was fine, though it was slow to start it turned on fine. but this moring it just craped out i get power and charging lights but no HDD work NADA. so i went with my experience and opened it up. found a big dust pile blocking the heat sink outlet and big is an under statment! i have been using a cooling pad but they did'nt seems it was (too much work to move with it?) any how i get no beeping disk drive starts along with everything else hardware wise BUT no screen. im leaning at the CPU getting dry rosted because the thremal past is dust and apperanty could not breath. what do you all think? ps i ordered a new CPU already.:rolleyes:

Hi,

My name is Priyanka and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I would suggest that before you buy a new CPU,please clean the heat sink outlet with compressed air,make sure nothing wet like any kind of solution or water is used.
After the cleaning is done unplug the power cable and do a flee power.The process of flee power is to turn the system off and then take the power cable out, hold the power button down for more than 30secs to release off any static power in the motherboard. Now try to plug back the power cable and restart the computer.
This should work.

Please reply if anymore queries.

Thanks and Regards
DELL_Priyanka_S
Dell Social Media Responder

jamekkus

I have done that i also got the new CPU today installing it now. i dont think it will work but im hoping.

well that did not work.

Last edited:

Viision

Great that you cleaned it but did you test the hard drive or the ram? You ordered a new CPU when it could still be other things.

jamekkus

Like my first post said i looked at all the basics, hard drive ram would be the first thing i look at i checked the board i got a newone from ebay $12.34 and that started it right up. i also got a better fan from the shack with a super speed so i wont have to worry :good: this problem is done and done.