dead pixels, questions

ASPn00b

first of all, how many bad pixels do you guys have?

also. i purchased a new laptop a month ago and since then i've had a few new bad pixels. it's a P4 compaq r3000 with the 15.4" widescreen. i purchased the 300 dollar warrenty from best buy as well. i have a red pixel near the center and a black one down the bottom. also, i noticed on a pure-black screen that i have about 4-5 red and blue subpixels getting stuck. but the most obvious are the first two, but u can see the others on black.

my question is, will my warrentee cover this? i spoke with them before and they said it would but want to make sure he wasnt mal-informed (considering bad-pixel policies arent very clear). what do you all think? for those who had theirs fixed under warrentee, was it a smooth process? thanks!

Ace1627

99.2% of the time bad pixels are covered. Easiest way to check is just to ask for a RMA. I am pretty sure if you got the Best Buy warranty, it will cover it. They are pretty good with customer service. Oh yea, I have 8 laptopos. I do not have have any bad pixels on any of them. I think you were asking to see if it was common. No it isn't. Shaking around the computer, touching the screen. Stuff like that will cause bad things to happen. Hope this helps.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
first of all, how many bad pixels do you guys have?
Surprisingly ... none ... I was expecting 3-7 but none. On my other notebook ive got 3.

will my warrentee cover this
You'll have to read the fine print. Take for instance Falcon Northwest .. their policy (especially so if you take the 'premium' LCD) is that if you have ANY dead pixel... they'll replace. PERIOD. Now not every1 has this policy and rather its more like "if you have x dead pixels within a certain area" then they'll replace.