Decent "Budget" Mini PC Recommendations please

Witterings

I'm thinking about getting a Mini PC, I know my title includes "Budget" but what I mean by that.

I don't want the bottom of the heap as I tend to generally buy quality goods but I also don't believe in just paying for a name / brand. This is for work e-mails, database, browsing the internet, maybe a bit of photo editing and I may touch on video editing ... but it'd be at a very basic level / ocassional use.

I know the level of what I want is hard to describe, I don't believe in buying cheap, but I don't want to throw money away, something that opens most applications at a decent speed rather than sitting and waiting for a response, I'd spend the extra say for 16 rather than 8Gb RAM and an upgraded processor.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

What's that budget look like from a dollar perspective?

There is no set budget ... I have to spend in accordance with what I need.
I don't need a Ferrari or a Rolls Royce, I need a workhorse that above anything else is reliable as it's a work machine and capable of coping with my requirements as posted above but is "reasonably" quick at opening Word Docs / Applications.

To reference it to cars, a VW Polo .... although the GTi version would be nice :)

I mean you could do your productivity on this $20-five-years-ago laptop that I'm posting to you on.

Anything DDR5-based with an SSD will give you the most longevity outside of a random failure.

Would something like this work for you?

Beelink Mini PC Ryzen 7 5800H (8C/16T, Turbo 4.4GHz), 32GB DDR4 RAM 500GB PCIe3.0 SSD Mini Desktop Computers, SER5 MAX

Or are you looking for something you can upgrade to later?

Strangely enough I stumbled across those last night and watched a couple of videos about them today. There's the Pro and the MAX which seems to give slightly better performance but seems to be quite a bit louder.

My only hesitation would be not being able to upgrade but if it's a good enough machine theoretically I shouldn't need to anyway.

I am not sure if it will run well for the photo/video editing but the rest should be good. It has mentioned about gaming so I would think it's good.

I am not sure if it will run well for the photo/video editing but the rest should be good. It has mentioned about gaming so I would think it's good.
The APU piece should accelerate OpenCL workloads to a reasonable degree, you'd see a gain in video editing apps that support it.

Back