Decent school/gaming computer?

james_1313

New Member
PROCESSOR AMD Athlon™ II X4 Processor 630 (2.8GHz, 2M, 4C)
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 4 DIMMs
VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3
HARD DRIVE 1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
SPEAKERS No Speaker Option
SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
MODEM No Modem Option
MEDIA READER Dell 19 in 1 Media Card Reader
Adobe Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 9.0 Multi-Language
Sidious 570MT Inspiron 570 Minitower w/ Black Bezel
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet


Made this from Dell's website. Does this look decent? I am a complete beginner and new to this. Thanks for advice. If someone has another option please share. I'm just trying to keep it btw the 700-900 price range.

Thanks!
 
or what about this?

Operating system --Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor-- AMD Phenom(TM) X4 955 quad-core processor [3.2GHz, 2MB L2 + 6MB L3 shared, up to 4000MHz]
Memory--6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB
Hard drive--640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
Graphics card-- 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]
Primary optical drive--LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
Networking-- Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN
Front-- Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio
Sound Card--Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports
Speakers-- No speakers
Keyboard and Mouse-- HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
Productivity software-- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
Security software--Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 15 month
 
Is this a premade system or are you building/having someone build it? Reason I ask is I notice their is no mention of the power supply which is a very important part of your system. I like the 2nd build as the processor is better and 6gig of ram is plenty enough..8gigs is overkill. I don't know alot about nvidia cards to comment on that.
 
Is this a premade system or are you building/having someone build it? Reason I ask is I notice their is no mention of the power supply which is a very important part of your system. I like the 2nd build as the processor is better and 6gig of ram is plenty enough..8gigs is overkill. I don't know alot about nvidia cards to comment on that.

luckily I do. the second one is better, but instead of the gt220 which is awful get a nice 5770
 
You can do much better than a dell for the money...they use crappy parts, and often use really odd proprietary parts that can make upgrading very difficult.
 
Back
Top