Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda IV 7200RPM 40GB
CD Drive:
LG 52X CD-ROM
Floppy Drive:
Samsung 1.44MB 3.5"
Power Supply:
Altec 300W

i kno its not anything awesome, but i just need something for the net, word processing, msn and basic things like that. Ill upgrade later on.

How much do you think this is worth?

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I esitimate the computer worth about $450. The only thing that decent on it is the pentium 4 3.0E.

GoR

ok .. thats 450$ usd??
and would i be better off buying this system ... or an older system that may have been good back then
lyk a 2.0 GHZ w./ a decent mobo and so on???

Yeti

VIP Member
The only thing that decent on it is the pentium 4 3.0E.
Pretty much my thoughts ^.

I don't think I would pay over $350. You can get that CPU new for ~$180 and the rest of the components are pretty cheap and not very powerfull. If you did buy it you would probably have to put in at least another 256 of RAM to keep from bottlenecking (and a better graphics card if you want to play games)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
GoR said:
ok .. thats 450$ usd??
and would i be better off buying this system ... or an older system that may have been good back then
lyk a 2.0 GHZ w./ a decent mobo and so on???

yes usd

How much money you looking to spend?

The computer your friend selling need lots of upgrade to play games but if all you doing is word processing, and basic things then the only things that really matter is ram and cpu. The cpu is decent on your friend machine. The ram I would highly recommend upgrading to 512 if you got it.

Tell me a budget and I can give you a better idear what would be best for you to do.