"Defend myself" against flooding

adrian1024

Someone wants to flood my IP just because i'm not mailing him some counter-strike cheats :confused: Is there any way to protect myself agains flooding? Any special firewall ? I'm asking this because the windows firewall doesn't seem to do this. By the way, the person that is trying to flood my IP it's on the same ISP as me (the same city you know what I mean). Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

Hellbreather

Another tip use an IP spoofer and Port Spoofer they will hide your ports yet you can still surf the net and and IP Spoofer will make your IP address something stupid like 999.888.545

This is not illegal unless you plan to use them in association with Hacking/Cracking.
Also a little tip if you have Norton Internet Security or Firewall it will give you the IP address of the guy who it trying to flood you. (If he's not using a IP Spoofer) you can then report him to his ISP and he will probably be banned from the Internet.

Hellbreather

That maybe a fun little toy but offers no protection whatsoever to flooding. Like I suggested download a IP Spoofer and close all ports you are not using. Also even if you are using a firewall still use an IP Spoofer protects you even more
A firewall isn't 100% safe but with an IP Spoofer and a firewall you almost as close as you can be. :D