defragmenting software?

grazhopper

Im wondering if there is some freeware that i can use to defrag my computer or is the one that comes with XP is good enough?

TFT

VIP Member
I use Auslogics here it's small and fast with no fancy bits attached. Probably no different in what it does compared to XP's but a lot faster.

tremmor

i don't know about freeware that works well. defrag is slow and not complete.
ive tried many and like perfectdisk. (not free).

dznutz

i don't know of any good free defraggers

windows defrag just does a normal defrag.

other defraggers can do a full defrag where you place files one next to another. this takes a lot of time

my favorite is ultimate defrag as i can choose what files go on the outer and inner hd. this has all the defragging options available commercially or bundled with MS

G25r8cer

I use the one built into TuneUp Utlities. It works great and is a good adition to the great program!!

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The windows defragger is actually based on the popular 3rd party defragger, Diskeeper. It's not as crappy as some would allude.. That said I still use the freeware app, O&O. It completely replaces the windows defragger, and is immensely popular in the defragmentation world.

G25r8cer

The windows defragger is actually based on the popular 3rd party defragger, Diskeeper. It's not as crappy as some would allude.. That said I still use the freeware app, O&O. It completely replaces the windows defragger, and is immensely popular in the defragmentation world.

I checked out that link but it doesnt say if it works with Vista. Does it?