delete a partition

nomav6

I need to delete a partitions its only 7mb's but it labeled as c: and its empty the OS is on the d: partition of the HDD, the D: partition is NTFS running winXP pro, and the C: is FAT, any tips on deleting this partition and have the D: partition showing up as C:?

nomav6

I guess I should have put that I needed to keep the data that is on D: I knew about partition magic but wasn't sure if they had a trial ver. so I guess I'll look, if not does anyone know of one that has a trial?

nomav6

ok, the trial doesn't work lol, it acts like it does then when you click on apply you get a popup telling you its just a trial and none of the changes happen lol, so I guess Im going to try out Partition Commander, if I can find a trial hehe

nomav6

Acronis does the samething that partition magic does, lets you through all the steps then says that if you want to apply the changes you must buy the full ver.

nomav6

ok, I got a copy of partion magic, and I cleared off the c: partion without the software to see if I needed any of the programs on it and everything worked then I went into partion magic and set the D: drive to active and deleted the C: drive hoping that the D: would just go down to the C: but it didn't when I try to boot up I get a message saying the NTRLP(or something like that, I will find out and post that later) can not be found, is there any hope of me to save any of the stuff that is on my harddrive by booting to a different drive and copying stuff over, because Im guessing Im not going to be able to boot to this drive with out formating it first and reinstalling an OS on it.
Thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hoping that the D: would just go down to the C:
LOL ... I see where this is going......

because Im guessing Im not going to be able to boot to this drive with out formating it first and reinstalling an OS on it.
Im not entirely sure but i think that suspicion is right