Delete files from a CD

fafilberg

Hi, I know that it's not possible to delete files from a CD/DVD-RW, you can add files but you cant delete what you just add, but I think if is there any program that could write the TOC, then deleting files is possible, so this is my question, is there any program to do this ?
I know that I can use th CD/DVD as a packet writing drive, but this is not my intention becouse packet writing is too slow and it is unsecure, I want to use multisesion and delete files from any sesion I choose.

Thanks.

SFR

Truth fears no questions

you can erase the disc entirely with your cd/dvd-rw software. (there might be newer programs out there that can delete only a certain track or cluster.. someone else might be able to answer that).. but with CD or DVD RW, the advantage of it is that you can rewrite onto the disc and erasing the disc. And quick erase only takes a minute.. but rewriting everything does take some time.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you can add files but you cant delete what you just add, but I think if is there any program that could write the TOC
Depending on how you do your Multisession stuff you can kinda delete files :)

I want to use multisesion and delete files from any sesion I choose.
Suppose you have the following:
- Session 1: File 1, File 2, File 3
- Seesion 2: Session 1 + File 4 + FIle 5
Now if you go to make a new seesion, and continue from Session 1 and burn File 6 then the CD will appear to have:
File 1, File 2, File 3 and File 6 :)

Blade

why not just copy the files you want to kepp, put them in a floder on say...desktop, then erase and burn the cd again, this time put on your new files, and the ones you backed up from the cd earlier