Delete files

TekMaster

and I want a billion dollars :p jk
is this a question, as in how you could accomplish this?

I have no idea, you could just log in via remote desktop I would think

ges

no, i want it to happen automatically like through autoexec or something during bootup'

Samuel1941

I'm hoping this is an "honest" request from a new member.
Almost sounds like ges wants to do something evil and have an alibi that it wasn't him/her who did it.

If I'm reading this wrong, maybe the original post could have a little more info...

:confused::eek:

Richard89

Well, if you leave the computer on, you can right a .bat (or other script) file to run constantly and whenever the system time reaches the time you want, it will execute the commands you have entered, in this case, delete the files. I'm not completely sure how to do this in Windows, but in my Linux class, I think we ended up doing something like that.

TekMaster

I'm hoping this is an "honest" request from a new member.
Almost sounds like ges wants to do something evil and have an alibi that it wasn't him/her who did it.

If I'm reading this wrong, maybe the original post could have a little more info...

:confused::eek:

I agree. A PC with no net and wanting to auto-delete files... doesn't sound like were talking email files here lol besides, what files would you need to delete after your already on vacation? didn't think that through, thanks

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Yes you can do that.
The best way is to write your own program in which you can write the future dates on which you want to delete data and the path location from which you want to delete the data from.For example:

Delete files on "23.01.2012." from "C:\My folder data\".
It is very easy to do that using the FILEINFO class and DATETIME class ;)

I made couple of small programs like these for few clients in the past.It can be very useful when you want to keep your HDD clean from crap lol :p

Cheers!