Dell Adamo

sunnysid3up

I am thinking about getting the Dell Adamo on ebay.

I can get a used 1.2ghz 2gb ram one for about $650

or

I can get a 2.1ghz 4gb ram one for $800

both have a 128gb SSD.

any opinions?

is there any similar laptops like this besides the macbook air? i love the aluminum construction of the adamo :good:

flanker

I am thinking about getting the Dell Adamo on ebay.

I can get a used 1.2ghz 2gb ram one for about $650

or

I can get a 2.1ghz 4gb ram one for $800

both have a 128gb SSD.

any opinions?

is there any similar laptops like this besides the macbook air? i love the aluminum construction of the adamo :good:

I don't know where you are but surly you can find better prices at other places. Those are really high prices for getting very little IMHO.:(

sunnysid3up

I don't know where you are but surly you can find better prices at other places. Those are really high prices for getting very little IMHO.:(

im just listing the average selling price for them. is there a place you know that sells adamos for cheaper??:confused:

flanker

im just listing the average selling price for them. is there a place you know that sells adamos for cheaper??:confused:

I am not sure about that Laptop but if you have a Best Buy near you, I am sure you can find just what you want.
Just look at their Web. site. Myself I would be looking at the ASUS laptops.;)

sunnysid3up

I am not sure about that Laptop but if you have a Best Buy near you, I am sure you can find just what you want.
Just look at their Web. site. Myself I would be looking at the ASUS laptops.;)

the retail price for adamo is $1100 :/

lol best buy decided to price them at $1200.....

asus are making better laptops these days. not as bulky :good:

flanker

the retail price for adamo is $1100 :/

lol best buy decided to price them at $1200.....

asus are making better laptops these days. not as bulky :good:

Best Buy will price match and also if one talks to a manager they will many times drop the prices. Being that Dell laptop is way over priced for what it has, I am sure they would be happy to make you a deal, just to get rid of one.

Friends don't let friends buy Dell products.:rolleyes:

sunnysid3up

Best Buy will price match and also if one talks to a manager they will many times drop the prices. Being that Dell laptop is way over priced for what it has, I am sure they would be happy to make you a deal, just to get rid of one.

Friends don't let friends buy Dell products.:rolleyes:

haha wont hurt to try i guess :) thanks!!

flanker

haha wont hurt to try i guess :) thanks!!

Best Buy had ASUS G73HJ on sale at $1200 it's being replaced by the HW, so it's about $900 less today. I bitched because it had a 5200rpm Hard Disk and not a 7200rpm HD. Manager knocked off $100. Even with a 5200 HD look at the Tech.Spect,s Intel Quad 4 i7 processor 6GB DDRIII Ram. ATI Radeon video card. 17" LG screen. This ASUS is a million times better at it's price then that Dell your thinking of buying.;)

sunnysid3up

Best Buy had ASUS G73HJ on sale at $1200 it's being replaced by the HW, so it's about $900 less today. I bitched because it had a 5200rpm Hard Disk and not a 7200rpm HD. Manager knocked off $100. Even with a 5200 HD look at the Tech.Spect,s Intel Quad 4 i7 processor 6GB DDRIII Ram. ATI Radeon video card. 17" LG screen. This ASUS is a million times better at it's price then that Dell your thinking of buying.;)

haha its faster but im buying this cuz its .65" thick and its aluminum :)

speedyink

VIP Member
Wow...How can you guys even begin to compare a gaming machine to an ultra-slim? Two completely different purposes my friends.

$800 for that adamo is a great deal, considering it does retail for $1100. I haven't seen a whole lot in this form factor except for a $2100 Sony one. It blows the water out of the adamo in specs, but then again it's $2100.

flanker

Wow...How can you guys even begin to compare a gaming machine to an ultra-slim? Two completely different purposes my friends.

$800 for that adamo is a great deal, considering it does retail for $1100. I haven't seen a whole lot in this form factor except for a $2100 Sony one. It blows the water out of the adamo in specs, but then again it's $2100.

The Dell Company does not give a hoot about computers any more, as if they really ever did for the last 10+ years.

Dell has tried to reinvent themselves many many times over the past years. Selling everything from cameras to dog food.:)

Now they are getting into large servers and cloud computing.
Buying any computer from Dell is just taking a BIG gamble, and odds are you are going to lose.

It's been known for many years their support is next to not having any support. Fact is when you walk out with your new Dell computer, your on your own.:mad:

speedyink

VIP Member
It's been known for many years their support is next to not having any support. Fact is when you walk out with your new Dell computer, your on your own.:mad:

No shit sherlock, who actually uses the tech support anyways? Does any company care about the computers they sell? No, they care about Money. Buying any computer is a gamble. They all have a chance of failing.

Last edited:

flanker

No shit sherlock, who actually uses the tech support anyways? Does any company care about the computers they sell? No, they care about Money. Buying any computer is a gamble. They all have a chance of failing.

Well ASUS does make a lot of their own parts, also they supply many other Computer Mfg.s with their parts. So who is serving their customers better Dell or ASUS? Ever see a DELL mother board?:eek:

speedyink

VIP Member
No but they still have the chance of failing. My macbook backlight is dead, are you saying they are the quality of dell?

The super slim market is very niche right now, I don't believe Asus has one out, if they do please correct me. That is the very point of this thread, not "what is your favorite manufacturer"

edit: I also just thought of a funny story about a Dell and an Asus...long story short Asus = packed it in while Dell still going strong. Shove that up your theory and smoke it

Last edited:

flanker

No but they still have the chance of failing. My macbook backlight is dead, are you saying they are the quality of dell?

The super slim market is very niche right now, I don't believe Asus has one out, if they do please correct me. That is the very point of this thread, not "what is your favorite manufacturer"

edit: I also just thought of a funny story about a Dell and an Asus...long story short Asus = packed it in while Dell still going strong. Shove that up your theory and smoke it

That "long story short" Just flew way over my head. :rolleyes: Know your Enemies(Green Day);)

speedyink

VIP Member
I actually don't own it anymore. I do have an Asus though :p

Now shoo, go mung up some other thread.

*whips out troll spray*

Last edited: