Dell Inspiron 1150 upgrades

ejd049

:confused: I am looking into buying a Dell Inspirn 1150 and want to see how easy it will be able to upgrade in the future!!! Does anybody have any input on this product and/or possible upgrades? I am getting a package deal with my company and below are the specs: THE RAM will be the first upgrade!!
Specifications

Processor: Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.4 GHz
Memory: 256 MB DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive: 30 GB Serial ATA
Optical Drive: 24x CD-RW/DVD combo drive
Screen: 15” XGA
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Application Software: Microsoft® Office Basic 2003 (includes Word, Excel and Outlook)
Modem: Internal 56K modem
Network Adapter: Integrated Network Card
Battery: 65 WHr 8-cell Lithium Ion

wensk

Just curious what you would upgrade in the future. I would start out with double the ram immediately. You probably won't be able to upgrade the processor in a laptop so if that processor doesn't suit your needs...keep looking. The hard drive would be upgradable and the optical drive can be replaced.

I would also price out a laptop at Dell without using your Company's plan. Being an IT rep at work, I am frequently asked my opinion on buying through the company purchase plan. I advise my clients to price out the unit with and without the company program. Sometimes the offers on the website are better than what you can get through an employee purchase and they offer you bonuses.

You may also want to go to the Dell outlet....dell.com/outlet and price out units. I have bought through the outlet a couple times and the units come with full warranties. They end up in the outlet if a buyer returns the unit within the 14 day return period. They can't sell them as new anymore but they go through the production line again to make sure they are in perfect working order and then sold through the outlet.

Hope this helps.