Dell Latitude C600

jp198780

i just won a Dell Latitude C600 off Ebay tonight, it's got 256MB RAM, and i dont know what kind of RAM it calls 4, would anybody know? thanks.

jp198780

and the max is 512, right?

also, my temperatures are below, are these normal?:

Last edited:

jp198780

i had a motherboard laying around, it came out of my Gateway desktop, not the tower, the kind where the monitor that sits on top, well the CPU looks just like the 1 in here, the Dell, the CPU from my Gateway says "1000/128/100", would that work in here?

jp198780

if the "100" is the FSB, my Dells is the same, in Everest, under Real Clock, and Effective Clock, they both have 100MHZ.

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
if the "100" is the FSB, my Dells is the same, in Everest, under Real Clock, and Effective Clock, they both have 100MHZ.

I am not quite sure what you are saying. What computers are you trying to take the CPU to and from?

jp198780

no, it was a Gateway, that was not in use, it had missing parts, and was just chilling on my porch. it's going from the Gateway (different computer from my sig), and putting it in my Dell Latitude, their both Socket 370.

jp198780

nevermind, the CPU wont work anyway, took me a good 2 hrs. 2 take the laptop apart, 1st time taking any laptop apart lol, and i did all that 4 nothing lol, i didnt know the CPU was half the size of a normal desktop Socket 370!! lol, soo if a desktop 370, is Socket 370, what would a laptop be?

Bobo

banned
Laptops use special sockets, designed for, incredibly enough, laptop processors. They are smaller, less electricity consuming, and less heat emitting

jp198780

would you know what kind of CPU this is?

EDIT: is the CPU from your C400, the same as my C600? or Solo?

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
would you know what kind of CPU this is?

EDIT: is the CPU from your C400, the same as my C600? or Solo?
Errrmmmm...it is a laptop CPU. :D Isn't that a good enough description? I believe that the one in my armada is just a standard desktop coppermine core, and many of the modern ones are desktop compatible.

But basically, don't try to mess with them. Laptop CPUs are generally not upgradeable with parts from a different machine.

jp198780

i took my Latitude apart, a couple weeks ago, 2 see what kind of CPU it was, and it was about half the size of a regular desktop CP lol.

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
Bobo, if the CPU is faster than 851MHZ, and it will fit in my C600, would you wanna sell it?
Which CPU? The only one that I have faster than that is the one in the Armada, and while that would fit, I am not selling it.