DELL OptiPlex GX260 Series Windows Vista video drivers??

I recently bought a DELL OptiPlex GX260 Series. It had Windows XP and I could update it to Windows Vista. Here is the problem. Installed it succssefully BUT it was stuck on 8-bit and lowest resolution. I searched at Yahoo! Answers and found that I need to install the video drivers for Windows Vista from DELL website. I tried, and guess what: No video drivers for Windows Vista! Only MS-DOS, Windows 95,98,2K and XP! Please tell me where I can find DELL OptiPlex GX260 Series video drivers for Windows Vista...

P.S: When it comes to NEWER machines, I HATE THEM HAVING WINDOWS XP...

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
This machine isn't "newer". It was probably manufactured in 2005. The performance with Vista will be abysmal. Stick XP back on it.

C4C

My GX620 ran Win7 seamlessly before I loaded the Win10 Tech Preview on it. Drivers won't come from Dell website because they really don't update for old machines..

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
My GX620 ran Win7 seamlessly before I loaded the Win10 Tech Preview on it. Drivers won't come from Dell website because they really don't update for old machines..

A GX620 is different. It's got higher specs and newer P4's than the GX260's did.

Beers, the link you sent me says:

Detailed Description

Windows 7* drivers are not available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:

Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family

Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller

Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
- Mine

Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller

Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller

Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller