Dell optiplex power supply replacement

_Pete_

I don't really think the OP wants to change the power supply for an exact replica. That one only gives 240 watts output. I did mange to shoehorn a standard PSU into a Dell Optiplex once but it meant drilling some new holes and cutting a slot in the case cover to accommodate the the extra height. As I said in your other thread (why start a new thread ??????) if you want to write letters go for it. If you want to do anything else look for a better computer.

Darren

Staff member
I don't really think the OP wants to change the power supply for an exact replica. That one only gives 240 watts output. I did mange to shoehorn a standard PSU into a Dell Optiplex once but it meant drilling some new holes and cutting a slot in the case cover to accommodate the the extra height. As I said in your other thread (why start a new thread ??????) if you want to write letters go for it. If you want to do anything else look for a better computer.

Then why replace it at all? It's very much a direct fit only type of situation. I've worked on those machines personally, you either replace it with an OEM one (or generic equivalent). You're not gonna find a higher wattage PSU in that shape and hacking apart the case to make something fit isn't gonna work.

Didn't realize it was the same one as asking for the GPU. You might actually be able to fit a full sized PSU in there. Bracket looks like it might take it.

desktop-optiplex-3050-mt-sff-pol-mag-5.jpg