• Yes, I like Dell

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, I dont like Dell

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Dont care and want to see results

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

G25r8cer

No need to explain choice as it might start a non-ending war!! Please dont argue this is just a poll to see everyones opinion

Interested

Dell is go for people that just need a computer to do thier stuff on. not everyone needs/wants to build thier own computer. They make great laptops too.

Emperor_nero

I think Dells are pretty good, I work at a school and they bought 22 new Dell Optiplex Desktops and 5 Vostro laptops last summer and they run nice.

I've done work on them and haven't really had any problems.

Last edited:

G25r8cer

How long shall this poll go on? I think it shall end this coming wed. We need to allow everyone a chance to vote before a decision has been made.

hpi

banned
Dude whats your hurry man? Just leave it and check periodically to see if theres any new responses.

It's most probably nto gonna last all the way till Wednesday bc theres most likely so many more of the same thread topics if you use the search feature.

dznutz

dell doesn't make anything. they just buy in bulk and sell at decent prices. if you work for a school you can get those disgusting discounts. compared to other re-branders they are tops in my list for value and comparable quality.

i'd get their laptops. but i'd build my own pc

oregon

often times they are cheaper, and i've never had one fail on me so i voted yes for dell. it really depends though on prices and what you want.

xbadwolfx

In my opinion, the only people that buy dells are people that have no technical knowledge. Little do they know that they are paying $2,500 for a computer that only has $900 worth of parts.

Kesava

dell is excellent for large organisations and so.

and as other prople have said, for users who know not much about computers.

but they are useless for anyone who likes to upgrade heaps and so on.

their laptops are awesome. definately worth getting

speedyink

VIP Member
I wouldn't buy a Dell desktop, but I definately like their laptops. I bought my laptop a year ago and it's still competitively priced with a lot of the ones I see in the stores. It's still runs perfectly fine and still performs awesome.

Emperor_nero

In my opinion, the only people that buy dells are people that have no technical knowledge. Little do they know that they are paying $2,500 for a computer that only has $900 worth of parts.

I will agree with you there that unless you get their desktops on sale they're way over priced.

Archangel

VIP Member
Dell's tech support I found to be quite good so far actually. (at work, i have had trouble with a hdd in the computer, got replaced pretty fast:) ) ofc, you pay the price for the service, hence its great for companies, but for customer use, I do kinda have my doubts. either way, Dell pc's arnt bad, so why not? :eek:

PabloTeK

I like Dell's business machines a lot, the only time I had a problem wsa because some monkey though a passive cooler on a slimline Optiplex's X1300 was a good idea. Think a lack of airflow.

JlCollins005

i cant figure out how u found their support helpful ive sat on the phone numerous times for hours with them arguing that they are wrong. for example my buddies ma called and asked for help told them she needed a wireless card for her sons laptop to connect to the netgear wireless G router she got from them which she payed 120 for and it sells for like 45 at walmart and cheaper on newegg lol, but ne ways they tell her ok this is the one u need its another 120 bucks she dont know a lick about computer stuff so she says ok charge it. they get it and cant figure out why it wont connect. so they call me over there dell told her to order a verizon wireless mobile internet card lol so we call dell the guy is trying to tell me its the right card when clearly its not so then he says well idk let me transfer u to some1 else this guy says let me use remote desktop to check so ok and he tells me its the right one. needless to say after 1.5 hrs of arguing they say just send it back we will credit ur account, then we went and bought the right one.. next was my aunts brand new dell laptop used for a month and quit working, she calls dell sits on the phone for 6 hrs they still dont know whats wrong well she calls me i go look at it run some diagnostics programs from a bootable cd such as memtest and stuff well come to find out the ram is bad and so is the hard drive.. well we call dell and they keep telling me that its not that its user error so i began to get a bit frustrated and raise my voice after yellin at him he says u seem to know what ur talkin about, then says well the warranty she has is phone support not hardware replacement well after an hour of arguing dell sent a box and we sent the laptop and got the 1300 dollars back. and now she has a perfect working HP laptop. so that is why i cant understand how u think they have good support when the support they have are a bunch of turd nuggets

cohen

dells are good for somethings but i can go and get better parts etc cheaper and do it myself... but for those people who don't know how to build or don't know anyone that can build.. depending on what they want to on them... then they would go and buy one... but personally... my grandparents have got a dell desktop and at the moment they haven't had problems... but at school the sound card in the dell laptop broke (mobo cracked) and failed hardware test so i would never go for one!

If that makes sence... :cool::confused: