Dell power button

capt.mudd

Hi everyone. Ive a dell 9020 tower. Power button turns pc off and a quick orange if the case button isnt held. But it wont turn on. No flash or lights at all. Both psu workfine and pc works from psu button. Help?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does anything appear on the monitor? Power light being orange means that it has failed to post, most likely from a failed piece of hardware. Was any new hardware added lately?

capt.mudd

so the was a bad usb port. and it was causing a short. i replaced the hub, posting solved. this was only mentioned in one forum i saw, so also check front panel connects. NOW I have a real butt of an issue. I tried upgrading from a quadro 4000 2gb to a quadro 6000 6gb. i did a ddu clean install, i tried several drivers, one from 2010 same year as production, a 2015, and current one. errors 42 and 442 , didnt migrate, and so on also nivida panel only works with a capable driver so it wont launch either. Looks like i joined the same group. quick specs dell9020 i7 4770 16 ram, also a 1080 capable monitor (sony bravia). i put the 4000 back in, it runs. im going to make new topic with this, thank everyone.