Dell poweredge sc240

Lollipop Garbage

i'm back with another low-end computer...
and i have a question...
could i hook up an nVidia Geforce 9700 or 7900 gs or gtx to this pc?
if not, tell me what nVidia card is compatible with it as i would like to play cod4. i know that an nvidia 8400gs would work with cod4.where could i get this card at its cheapest?

-With my Most of Honor
Lollipop Garbage

jonnyp11

You can get them for like 30 on newegg but you need a power supply for any real card, anything over a gt210 or hd6450 will need more power.

Lollipop Garbage

i found it on newegg... but what i'm asking is if its compatible... and how can i get it to fit my 23 inch sceptre without stretching pixels? it just says "not support" when i turn it on highest(1900 something by one thousand something).(and yes, i'm using a vga input cord)

jonnyp11

Thats the resolution which you monitor apparently has less pixels than that. And i cant find the specs for that computer, is it agp or pcie?

Lollipop Garbage

well...
256mb ddr2 ram(1 stick which i am selling and saving up to get 4 1gb sticks)
nothing can tell me what my video card is as it has no opengl support or directx 3d support.
a 2.4ghz processor...
thats all i can tell off the top of my head.

Lollipop Garbage

i went to look inside... AND ITS COVERED IN A THIN LAYER OF DIRT!!! what do i do? its been in my shed for a year.
EDIT:not a bad idea... but what could i get moderate-gamelike for 100 bucks non-laptop like?

Hyper-Threaded

or i could trade it to my grandparents for theirs with an nvidia already on it...

Clean the dirt off really good and it will still work, did you get the model number right? I dont think you have a server.

I have a nvidia ti4200, its garbage, you know what I mean? Matters the model.

Lollipop Garbage

it does work... its what i'm on now... and remeber my minecraft error? that was on my grandparent's pc... but i don't understand how it can run cod5, but not mc.
and its a dell poweredge sc240 and when i try to play a song, it says theres no sound device... can i use clorox wipes on the dirt without damaging it?

Hyper-Threaded

Since you are not giveing me any info, can you take some detailed pics? Like also pop the side cover and snap a acouple pics inside?

Lollipop Garbage

i want to know if it is compatible with the system... and where to install it at... and what i may need to be able to handle the card...

jonnyp11

Do you know if it is agp or pcie or pci? And youd most likely need a new psu too, i just dont see it being worth the price for any good card.