Dell PowerEdge T620 Dual Xeon Server

Was this Dell T620 a great buy for $751

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oxnard208

I just purchased a Dell T620. I know nothing about server computers. I just wanted to upgrade to a way faster computer due to I run multiple screens & internet windows while using Corel Draw so my computer wont support all that.
Saw that this was a steal to what the actual prices are so I purchased it.

Dell PowerEdge T620 Dual Xeon Server:
Operating System
: None Installed
Ram: 32GB DDR3
CPU: Two (2) Intel Xeon Es-2609 2.40 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Hard Drive: (1) 2TB

Notes by seller:
VGA output and rear panel USB ports tested and working with Disc cleaning software. Optical Drive Functional During Disc cleaning process. Disc has been cleared and there is currently no OS installed on the machine. Additional port and networking features have not been verified. Drive key is NOT INCLUDED. Includes two power cords.

Just wanted to know if it was worth the $751+ $50 Shipping for this computer, even though it doesn't have an os.

Additional questions:
What would be the best OS to install on it? Can I run windows 10 on this?
What's the best HDMI video cards that are Delete repeated word
What's the best Sound card?
Is any Network server adapter compatible?

Thank you in advance.

67177313142113mh.jpg

2419073142114mh.jpg

13837393142113mh.jpg

beers

Staff member
Wouldn't this have been better asked before buying? :p I probably wouldn't have paid that much.

1) OS is really your choice, it'd probably run W10 Pro or similar without too many issues, or you could run whatever flavor of *nix you prefer.
2) Define 'best'. I definitely wouldn't use this for a gaming rig but for a general workstation it wouldn't be a bad play.
3) What kind of sound device are you hooking to it that requires 'the best'?
4) Pretty much, if it's PCIE it should work. It already has some integrated NICs as you can see from the backplate.