Dell Studio 7 no response

astinkybumb

My bosses pc recently stopped responding when the power button is pressed. He said he shut it down the last time he used it and went to turn it back on and it wont turn on/respond/ nothing. when the power cord is inserted the led blinks white 3 times but that is the only response i get from it.

Any one know the led codes or know what this means?

Already tried with just battery without battery, removed and re inserted the ram, hard drive has been pulled.

DMGrier

VIP Member
So would love to help you but I do not know, sounds like a mobo. If you go to Dell website and type in the model of XPS you have and blinking lights, when I just typed in blinking led lights there they offered a user manual for the codes for this on another model of computer.

astinkybumb

Ive looked on their website they dont have the 3 white blinks as far as i can find. Also searched other forums and google for anyone else having this problem and both the boss and I found 3-4 threads with the same problem but none of them have an answer its just a pile up of people having the problem.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The studio laptops are garbage. I have a client that has a Studio 17" laptop that is doing the same thing. I also have one but have not experienced this issue yet. I do have a sporadic touchpad when it gets hot. Dell has really been getting worse with Quality of product lately. I will never recommend a dell machine ever again.

Okedokey

Remove power, battery and hold down power button for 45 secs. Then replace battery and power and try to start it.

If it starts, then ensure you have the the latest BIOS.

astinkybumb

Remove power, battery and hold down power button for 45 secs. Then replace battery and power and try to start it.

If it starts, then ensure you have the the latest BIOS.

I have tried this found that answer on another forum and it still wont respond i just get the three white blinks every time i plug the power cord in.

DMGrier i agree but its company issued and they have a thing for dell for some reason.

astinkybumb

There is a problem with your graphics.You need to repaire it or buy a new one

But if it were the graphics wouldn't there still be some response from the machine trying to boot up like fans spinning or something with no response from the screen? Im getting literally nothing but the 3 blinking lights.