Dell suck

JamesBart

My dells wicked and all of my friends who have them have never ha anything wrong so far, so all is well. its all opinion isnt it. :D

Wiens

I have purchased seven Dell computers for my company since 2002. Only two minor problems which Dell sent out a service tech within 24 hours under warranty. May not be the fastest or cheapest but for my company they were/are the best value. The vast majority of consumers in the US don't have the time, training or temperment to build their own computer.

Now when it comes time to acquire a new gaming computer I won't look to Dell but will build it myself instead.

Kevin

marx91

i still say thats on your part, not Dell's...

i just cant see how all of them had the same problems..
how would capacitors leaking be on my part?,
you cant control something like that, it was actually only 2 of the
computers, but dell said it was a known problem for those models
so they came out and replaced all the motherboards for nothing
now 2 of the rigs are having starting issues, so they remedied
one problem now theres another

Sacrinyellow5

Let's see when I first got my dell (Which I'm currently typing on right now...) it was about 3 years or so ago.

It came with
80 GB HD
512 MB Ram
17 CRT (Flat Screen Monitor)
DVD player
128mb NVIDIA graphics card

I've upgraded it since
Now it has
80 GB HD
205 GB HD
1 GB Ram (It can hold another additional GB or Ram)
19 LCD
DVD
DVD-RW
265 MB ATI graphics card
TV Tuner Card

Through out the years at one time it has hosted other HD's, a CD-RW, and a couple zip drives of different sizes. I'm just confused on why some people think these computers can not be customized? I can still upgrade the processor if I would like and I'm pretty sure I could even upgrade the power supply.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
how would capacitors leaking be on my part?,
you cant control something like that, it was actually only 2 of the
computers, but dell said it was a known problem for those models
so they came out and replaced all the motherboards for nothing
now 2 of the rigs are having starting issues, so they remedied
one problem now theres another

ever think that the people who manufactured the boards were having problems and were putting out crappy boards for a while, and dell got to be the unluckey company who bought them and now dell is stuck dealing with it and it's making them look bad because people think it's their fault when it's not?

Let's see when I first got my dell (Which I'm currently typing on right now...) it was about 3 years or so ago.

It came with
80 GB HD
512 MB Ram
17 CRT (Flat Screen Monitor)
DVD player
128mb NVIDIA graphics card

I've upgraded it since
Now it has
80 GB HD
205 GB HD
1 GB Ram (It can hold another additional GB or Ram)
19 LCD
DVD
DVD-RW
265 MB ATI graphics card
TV Tuner Card

Through out the years at one time it has hosted other HD's, a CD-RW, and a couple zip drives of different sizes. I'm just confused on why some people think these computers can not be customized? I can still upgrade the processor if I would like and I'm pretty sure I could even upgrade the power supply.
Heres the thing, if u wanna upgrade psu, mobo u run into problems...psu and mobo are specific to dell, when it comes to grx, maybe some drives and even ur proc, u can upgrade but to a certain extent. My dad has a 8150 at his office, with a p4 1.3ghz in it, if he wanted to upgrade his proc it will only go to a 1.6, see what i mean.

ever think that the people who manufactured the boards were having problems and were putting out crappy boards for a while, and dell got to be the unluckey company who bought them and now dell is stuck dealing with it and it's making them look bad because people think it's their fault when it's not?

this is true, same thing with ford and those bridgestone tires that were blowing up, dell doesnt make anything, they basically assemble the computer.

Burgerbob

I personally dont like Dell because of the lackluster hardware for price ratio they give to the public. A P4 1.6, 256MB RAM, 20GB HDD for 700 bucks. That was with the discount my library got.

b3atofang3l

me either. I returned 2 dell computers. 1 xps 700 and 1 dimension 5150.

they charged me over 4k

its not worth it...
TRUST ME

they had 15% restocking fee..after complaining they dropped it to 5%
However, maybe i am just unlucky. The dells at school are quite and stable. =.=

EDIT: Plus shipping.

Last edited:

Sacrinyellow5

Heres the thing, if u wanna upgrade psu, mobo u run into problems...psu and mobo are specific to dell, when it comes to grx, maybe some drives and even ur proc, u can upgrade but to a certain extent. My dad has a 8150 at his office, with a p4 1.3ghz in it, if he wanted to upgrade his proc it will only go to a 1.6, see what i mean.

IS the 8150 a dimension? Because I couldn't find any info on it.

The 8100 dimesion can be upgraded to a 2.0 Ghz processor
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dsleest/specs.htm#general
The 8250 can be upgraded to a 3.06 Ghz processor as well.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8250/specs.htm#1084976
My 4500 can be upgraded to a 2.8 Ghz processor also.
I'm still wonder where you get your info from

If a mobo cant hold a certain proc, because it is old and outdated, that doesnt mean that a comp companies junk. That just means you can upgrade old mobos with todays processors. From what I know even custom built comps have the same problem. I do agree that their mobo's are not as flexible when it come to upgrading a processor, but thats big business.

Saurian

Dell's do exactly what they have to do, for a price that is relatively fair for those that just want it to work. Like my girlfriend. Her Dell just works, its fine, and that's how she likes it.

palmmann

banned

that's because HE was dumb and bought an early p4, a socket 423 one.

there are adapters for socket 478, you might be able to get a bit more with one.

that's because HE was dumb and bought an early p4, a socket 423 one.

there are adapters for socket 478, you might be able to get a bit more with one.

ahhheeemm..dumbass, it was way before they came out with a pga478.
plus if the mobo doesnt support it, idc if u had a jc whitney adapter kit, it aint gunna work.

and correction its not an 8150, and its an optiplex not dimension.