Dell Vs. Samsung

ilya124

Ok, well i'm betting that this is a classic dilema, but i'll ask it just in case. lol. i'm looking to upgrade to a nice 20 inch monitor from my dell 17 inch LCD from the stone age. So i've been looking at the Dell S2009W and the Samsung 2033SW. I read that they both use the same panel. The dell is 130$ and the samsung is $150. I was wondering if the samsung deserves my extra 20 dollars since they both are almost the same. what do you guys think?

PunterCam

Always buy the cheapest screen. As long as the response time and contrast ratio(?) are good, go for it. You could probably save yourself a few quid more by choosing a 'lesser' brand.

PohTayToez

For just $20, I'd go with Samsung. They're pretty highly regarded when it comes to displays, and they have excellent customer service. I had a friend who ha a problem with a Samsung monitor, and they sent him a replacement monitor and a prepaid box to send the old one back in.

ilya124

has anyone had experience with the Samsung 2333BW? Looks like a really nice screen and it is only $199 at Bj'S.

bomberboysk

That 23" one looks great!

Either Samsung or LG. Both great monitor makers.

+1, Asus is also an excellent manufacturer(and i believe they make their own panels instead of using a sharp/samsung/etc), and as far as lcd's go for anything sharp also makes good panels(many dell monitors use a sharp panel).