dell xps desktop d drive vs. c drive vs. one drive

ydono

So, I just bought this new dell. My last one was 12 years ago.

I get it all set up, move over my docs and settings and am impressed with the speed. I noticed though, that my C: drive is already 2/3 rds full with docs. Then I notice this D data drive that has 460 gb of storage space is not being used. So I put docs in there and I notice that when I make changes to the docs, those changes are not reflected in the docs that are in the D Drive.

Also, apparently, some of my docs went into the one drive cloud and it immediately notified me that I am out of storage and won't let me save the docs' changes - nor will it allow me to move the docs that ended up in the one drive (cloud).

what is going on here? I thought I bought a computer with a huge amount of storage and I've worked on this thing for ten minutes and I can't save anything ......

help!!!!

strollin

What applications are you using to create/edit your docs? If you are using something like MS Word, you need to change the default save location and when you save a document, you need to pay attention to what location it is being saved to.

ssal

For most applications, you have to train them to know where is your new Documents folder. Otherwise it goes back to the old C: default.