Desktop computer equipped with 9-Pin sockets

al_madhi

New Member
Hi , ppl I wonder If is it possible to find in the computer markets these days

a desktop computer equipped in the back of it with Two 9-Pin sockets which was called com1 , com2 for connecting RS-232 cable for upgrading satellite

receivers , The new computers now all equipped only with USB Sockets .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreciated .


Best Regards


A.M.AL-MADHI
 
Thank you very much Drenlin for quick respond and help

Regarding the two items you mentioned

#1 - The Adapter - It will be connected between computer and RS-232 cable - and this dos not work when comes to upgrading the receiver , We tried this before .

#2 - The Serial Card with 2 ports - This is not an external device It must be fixed inside
the computer - Buying very expesive computer and buying an additional device which is this serial Card and taking the computer to the maintenance workshop to fix this card
and reprogram the computer to recognized this new device in it this I call it tamering with this brand -new computer just come from the factory .

Actually I need a brand-new computer with this 2 ports serial Card inside it from the factory - I do not want to buy this serial Card separately and later fix it in the computer
this is a long-winded procedure and not accurate .

Is it possible to ask the dealer who sell these computers for a special request to the company which manufature these computer with additional charges to provide a computer with a 2-ports Serial Card .

Best Regards
 
So you're wanting to buy a completely prebuilt computer? I'm not sure if they'll do a special order like that...most new computers don't come with multiple serial ports. Where are you, and what sort of specs do you need?

(It's always much cheaper to put one together yourself, just so you know)



Also, unless you just have a really old system, it's not hard at all to install that card yourself in an existing computer. It only takes a couple of minutes. With the computer unplugged, you literally just take the side cover off, plug it in, put a screw in, put the cover back on, and you're done. You may have to run a driver cd, but that isn't hard either...you just keep clicking "next", lol. It shouldn't void any warranties or anything like that.
 
Last edited:
Absolutely what you said is 100% correct - But I am not keen with computer hardwares

I am just a computer user - " Just like a car driver and not a car mechnic "

I need a completely prebuilt computer with 2-ports Serial Card

You said " I'm not sure if they'll do a special order like that..." Then can the dealer add

this device ( 2-ports serial Card ) through his maintenance workshop - Most the big dealers for DELL , HP/Compaq and others have well trained technicians can do that .

Please your comments and advice .


Best Regards
 
Big name computer manufacturers generally won't install just any hardware you want. What you would be able to do it buy the computer and the card separately, and then take them to a local computer shop and I'm sure they'll install and configure it for you.
 
Back
Top