Desktop computer to tv?

csm84

I have just recently bought a new tv. I want to connect my desktop computer to my tv to watch movies. My computer only has a vga connection so i have ran a vga cable from my computer to my tv. The video is perfect. My problem is the sound. I have a rca cable run from my head phone jack on my computer to the red and white out put on the back of my tv but i get no audio. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks,

Aastii

VIP Member
I have just recently bought a new tv. I want to connect my desktop computer to my tv to watch movies. My computer only has a vga connection so i have ran a vga cable from my computer to my tv. The video is perfect. My problem is the sound. I have a rca cable run from my head phone jack on my computer to the red and white out put on the back of my tv but i get no audio. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks,

The red and white are part of the compnent video. They are inputs, but for a different channel, not for the VGA channel. If you have an Xbox 360 or PS2, they use the component input, red and white are sound, you will also have a yellow one which is video input.

There are 2 ways you can do it:

1. Buy some speakers and use those.
2. Buy a VGA-component adapter, like this:

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/vga-to-component-video-cable-10m.html

Then you would run your computer from the component channel on your TV, which is usually called C3 or is one of the AV channels. You will have the image up through those cables, and the sound through the splitter you have