DeskTop Disappearing

mtn50

New Member
I was playing a game and I exited out when after i quit, the desktop disappeared and now every few seconds the shortcut icons and the menu bar just disappear and then reappear. But whatever I have open already stays open and just the icons and menu bar disappear and the norton antivirus says that I have no virus's on my computer. And i tryed restarting it, but it didn't work and i also uninstalled some programs that i thought might be causing it, but nothing. My computer is a dell, and we just replaced the harddrive and the a graphics card about a month ago up until now everything worked fine. I have windows XP. But as i type it is doing that.

Thanks
MTN50
 
norton antivirus? sorry but that stuff is shi*! get superanti spy ware, or AT LEAST avg. then im sure you'll find viruses. and try avast, its supposed to be good.

Good luck
 
Ah, now what is happening is your computer is going back to the original resolution, it is normal for that to happen.

So your computer is fine.
 
You can't really... It's as Cohen said, switching back to the original (desktop) resolution, from whatever resolution your came was running at and such... :)
 
guys that was my first thought too, but I think the problem he is describing is lasting longer than just a resolution change.
A resolution change would only last for a second of two while the screen repaints, but i think he is saying that the icons keep disappearing for a long period of time....is that correct mtn50?
 
Back
Top