Desktop Possibilities

Catalyst Gilles

New Member
I have been using computers for 12 years and am pretty up to date with everything. I have about 2 years of high school classes based off of Microsoft office and Adobe programs. At the moment my main computer is just a regular dell laptop which is okay for just browsing the internet. I would like to build my own computer that would have power to run adobe programs and games without too much of a problem and my budget would be around 1000 dollars. I have been looking into ubuntu as an operating system but your thoughts are welcome. I would like to go with speed and video quality for my highest concerns. So, to everyone on this forum, i ask you, can it be done?

(First Post)
Thanks, Jake
 
Last edited:
A video card that could support dual monitors would also be a plus. Usual separate screen method.

Coming up with a list of possible parts.
Motherboard-GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
Tower-COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer
Disk Drive-Sony Optiarc Black
Video Card-Not Sure
Power Supply-OCZ ModXStream Pro
Hard Drive-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3
Ram-CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
CPU-Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
 
Last edited:
Well for gpu are you wanting to max out games? Or just run them ok. Max wise I'd go with a gtx 260 for a budget card. And if thats to much go with a 9800gtx which will still max most games. Or if you prefer ati you can go that way but idk any of there cards.
 
one major problem, you have an AMD motherboard (same as mine FTW) but an Intel processor, they can't mix and match.
You could get this similar one for $20 cheaper, and it has higher clock speeds and more cache.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...80&cm_re=Phenom_II_550-_-19-103-680-_-Product

or if your willing to spend a little more for a quad core go for this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...674&cm_re=Phenom_II_x4-_-19-103-674-_-Product

and if you want a cheap quad core go for this. It has lower clock speeds and no L3 Cache. Its the same price as the dual core i mentioned.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...674&cm_re=Phenom_II_x4-_-19-103-674-_-Product

this is just my opinion, more experienced people may have a better choice for you.

hope this helps
 
Back
Top