S Southy New Member Jul 9, 2008 #1 I have a desktop computer that when I push the power button to turn it on, the lights and the fans turn on for like 1 second and then it shuts off right away. Does this mean the power supply is done or is there something else that maybe the problem?
I have a desktop computer that when I push the power button to turn it on, the lights and the fans turn on for like 1 second and then it shuts off right away. Does this mean the power supply is done or is there something else that maybe the problem?
darksoulfire008 New Member Jul 9, 2008 #2 i think your power supply haved problem. you can try replace a different power suplly if it is still the same, your computer has a new problem
i think your power supply haved problem. you can try replace a different power suplly if it is still the same, your computer has a new problem
cohen New Member Jul 9, 2008 #3 the Power supply might not be the problem, your motherboard could be shorting out, how old is the computer??? if it is a new build that could be the problem.
the Power supply might not be the problem, your motherboard could be shorting out, how old is the computer??? if it is a new build that could be the problem.
S Southy New Member Jul 11, 2008 #4 I've had it for almost 2 years now and I custom built it myself. Not quite sure what is going on as it just started doing this out of the blue.
I've had it for almost 2 years now and I custom built it myself. Not quite sure what is going on as it just started doing this out of the blue.
James^.^ New Member Jul 11, 2008 #5 Like cohen said it could possibly be the motherboard or It could be the psu. I would suggest that you run some kind of test.
Like cohen said it could possibly be the motherboard or It could be the psu. I would suggest that you run some kind of test.
S Southy New Member Jul 24, 2008 #7 Just an update, I ended up buying a new power supply and that seemed to fix the problem.
cohen New Member Jul 24, 2008 #8 Southy said: Just an update, I ended up buying a new power supply and that seemed to fix the problem. Click to expand... OK, that's good. If you have any future problems, you know what to do
Southy said: Just an update, I ended up buying a new power supply and that seemed to fix the problem. Click to expand... OK, that's good. If you have any future problems, you know what to do