A friend of mine is having problems with his emachine (told him not to buy it) which is out of warranty. Randomly when you turn on the computer the monitor doesn't turn on. Sometimes you can power cycle it just once and the monitor will turn on, other times you may have to power cycle it a few times before the monitor will turn on. When it comes up as it should it works perfectly. It happens with a known good monitor. I disabled the onboard video and installed a spare video card and still had the problem. Also, when you press F2 to enter setup, make a change, then press F10 to save and exit, it locks up still on the BIOS screen and doesn't reboot like it should. I installed the latest BIOS which didn't help. I also removed/replaced the CMOS battery which didn't help. I'm thinking that the motherboard is going out, but I did read about similar issues that could be caused by a faulty power supply. I plan to do some more troubleshooting tomorrow. I also want to try removing a pci modem in the computer as I've had a modem prevent a computer from boot after a lightning strike. Anyone here run into similar problems? Suggestions?