Desktop shut down when printing

Hi,

Dell desktop shutdown immediately when printing any word or pdf file.

printer is HP laser jet pro colour 300 400 and is wired network

The first step I did is to stop and start printer spooler.
The problem again happened after a few days.

I searched the net the best solution I find is to clear the print spooler. I tried to print two files everything is fine after clearing the print spooler.

Please do you have alternative solution in case the issue is not solved ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So through an ethernet cable from the printer to the router? Try a different ethernet cable or different port on the router. Or is it hooked up via usb port on your pc?

So through an ethernet cable from the printer to the router? Try a different ethernet cable or different port on the router. Or is it hooked up via usb port on your pc?

I don't think the issue is related to the ethernet cable because the other desktops print to the printer normally only with this desktop. No usb port only ethernet cable.

Thank you,

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So again if the ethernet cable runs from the router to the printer then its got to be an issue with the printer driver. Uninstall the printer software in that computer and reinstall it.

So again if the ethernet cable runs from the router to the printer then its got to be an issue with the printer driver. Uninstall the printer software in that computer and reinstall it.

I'll do, I'm waiting whether the issue will return back.

Thank you