Desktop theme.

Frank the Ninja

Hi, Im new. I recently downloaded a Halo desktop theme for my pc. I have windows XP btw. I installed it and went to my display setting and set it as my current theme. It sucked. So I changed it back, found a folder in windows and deleted that. OK, everythings nice. But then I went back to the theme list in the display and the halo theme is still there! How do I get rid of that?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
How do I get rid of that?
Depends how you installed the theme: did you make a backup copy of the "mystyles" stuff or did you modify it... hopefully you made a backup (either directly or not)

Fure6

have you deleted it in the registry?

EDIT:::

do you know how to edit it? you go to start>run>type in " regedit " and press enter. After that go Edit>Find... (ctrl+F) and pick which things it should look for, after that type in halo or whatever you want.

IF YOU HAVE THE HALO GAME ON YOUR COMPUTER OR ANYTHING ELSE HALO THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP, you cannot just type in halo! put halo sheme or somthing...

this is a good way to get rid of some spyware on your computer as well.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
IF YOU HAVE THE HALO GAME ON YOUR COMPUTER OR ANYTHING ELSE HALO THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP, you cannot just type in halo! put halo sheme or somthing...
Course a simpel way out would be to install a "theme manager" which typically comes with a backup copy of the original msstyles.